Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Quote Game with a Prize

I will send my spare copy of Future Grace by John Piper to anyone who can get the source of this quote without Google in the first five guesses. After that, you'll just have to guess for the love of the game.
The associations of music are very important, and everyone understands that . . . Christian music that is supposed to convey an authentic Christian message should be free from associations with that which is antithetical to Christianity.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank Garlock?

Aquila Staff said...

Steve Camp

Ben said...

No and no. No hints yet, either.

Andy Efting said...

John MacArthur

Anonymous said...

Steve Green

Ben said...

Nope and nope. Only one more crack at the prize.

Anonymous said...

Pat Boone

Ben said...

As much as I would like to give the book to Anonymous #2 just for the sheer creativity, Future Grace is now off the table. I'll offer it again sometime.

I scarcely know where to begin with a hint. The source is a living non-musician, but I have heard this person sing very briefly once.

kevin mcfadden said...

My first guess: J. Ligon Duncan
My second: Al Mohler

Ben said...

No to Duncan.

Now, you start a game, and then somebody's got to go and start pushing the envelope. First you have to make a rule about Google. Then some other wise guy decides to start tossing out multiple guesses. Do I have to make a rule about that too? Paleoevangelicals are about grace, but what are you going to do when people take advantage of grace? But I know kwm well enough to know he would never do that intentionally, right?

Anyway, Mohler is right. He said it in his radio program last Wednesday.

kevin mcfadden said...

Well, for what it's worth, I knew the prize was off the table:)