Thursday, September 01, 2005

9/1 Update: Gospel-Centered Relief


These images from GlobalSecurity.org are simply stunning.

I will continue to keep my ears open for gospel-centered relief efforts. I've heard about numerous churches that have been devastated, and in no way do I want to minimize the need for the Church universal to offer aid to their rebuilding efforts. My specific objective is to offer links to churches that will be combining their relief efforts with some specific offer of the gospel. To this point, the only one of which I'm aware is First Presbyterian Church of Jackson, Mississippi, pastored by Ligon Duncan. He describes his church's obstacles and their plans to distribute Bibles to displaced families.

Other suggestions are welcome, but I won't assume that because a group is sending aid that they they are necessarily engaging in gospel-centered activities.

No comments: