Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Fundamentalism Needs to Return to the Sufficiency of Scripture

Chances are, you or someone you know thinks that the young punk fundamentalists point out flaws in fundamentalism because they want to destroy or maim it. Well, folks can think what they will, but when past and present presidents of a fundamentalist seminary the same arguments, those folks might want to reconsider their assessment. Listen to the last four minutes of this interview to hear Sam Harbin of Calvary Baptist Seminary and Dave Burggraff, formerly of Calvary and now of Clearwater Christian College, talk about how fundamentalism needs to reestablish its commitment to the Word.

Listen to the whole interview, as well as part one, to hear Burggraff and Harbin talk about the kind of spiritual formation and conformity to Christ that would characterize genuine allegiance to the Word.

1 comment:

Don Johnson said...

Ben, feel free to delete this...

I don't have your e-mail, so I thought I would let you know that I posted a response to your challenge on Greg's site.

You can find it at http://ebaptist.blogspot.com/

I am not totally satisfied with my answer, but I am very pressed for time these days and don't have the leisure to update it.

I would be interested in your comments though. I think it is obvious that we have different perspectives on this, but hopefully as we discuss some of these things some clarity will emerge somewhere!

Regards,
Don Johnson
Jer 33.3