Saturday, April 19, 2008

"John Piper Is Not Where We Are"

Every now and then, you hear somebody say something along the lines of the title quote. Maybe it's about Piper. Maybe Mohler. Maybe MacArthur. Take your pick.

A thought struck me while I was listening to Piper's talk at Together for the Gospel, "How the Supremacy of Christ Creates Radical Christian Sacrifice."

You can download it for free here. Give it a listen and see if you don't agree with me on this:

John Piper is NOT where we are.

Woe unto us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard this too and perhaps am guilty of saying it myself.

I live in his "neck of the woods" (Minneapolis) and can testify that the ministry of Bethlehem Baptist and his ministry is absolutely genuine!

I can say that on some doctrinal issues I am in agreement (eschatology).

I do appreciate his ministry and thanks for this post!

Jim

Anonymous said...

I am generally (generally) not a Piper fan. I have never questioned his sincerity, but rather his accuracy...two totally different issues. With that being said, this is magnificent. I want to be, where he says we need to be. God help us all.