Monday, May 21, 2007

Your Fundamentalist Presidential Candidate

Mike Huckabee separates from liberal Baptists (but not over theology).

Although he did say . . .
Had I spoken (at the New Baptist Covenant Celebration) they would have heard a very conservative message which would be unapologetically pro-life, pro-family and by some definitions, fundamentalist in theology [emphasis added]. But I'm a conservative who's not mad at anyone else and would not want to knowingly participate in a program if the focus was to tear down others instead of to lift Christ up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but if he's not mad at anyone, can he REALLY be a fundamentalist.

For a moment, I also thought that maybe you had mistyped your title and meant to say that he was a "Young" fundamentalist candidate, not "your" fundamentalist candidate. Seems like his tone matches what the Young Fundamentalist survey revealed.

Ryan Martin said...

Sweet! Being a good Baptist, I require all my presidential candidates to align exactly with me theologically.