Tuesday, November 15, 2005

When Ex-Presidents Attack

I offer my apologies if Al Mohler's discussion of President Carter's screed on fundamentalism is old news to everyone. Today has been a busy day, and I've devoted my blog-thinking time today to a couple larger projects that aren't ready for publication yet. I offer one piece of semi-original thinking: Mohler said in a recent radio program that Carter has announced that he is no longer a Southern Baptist. In light of that revelation, I'll agree with Mark Dever that the SBC can add by subtraction (see the first quote in my recap).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure you'll want this published, but the Prez did respond to the Dr. You can read his response here:

www.christianpost.com/article/editorial/558/section/another.look.at.americas.endangered.values/1.htm

Anonymous said...

well, just delete that message...not sure what I did to mess it up!!!! However I would encourage you to read the President's gracious response.

Ben said...

I think it's a formatting bug in my blog, not your fault. That link is worth reading. Mohler actually posted in his commentary (to which I link) the link to Carter's response.