Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Enjoying It While It Lasts


Pop quiz: Name the three NCAA DI institutions that have simultaneously been ranked #1 in football and men's basketball.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Time's up. Try Notre Dame, UCLA, and, for at least this week, THE Ohio State University. Read the details here.

I'm not kidding myself. Heading into Chapel Hill tonight without Greg Oden doesn't leave much room for long-term optimism, but I'm going to kick back and enjoy the history . . . at least until 9:00 tonight.

7 comments:

Ben said...

In the oft-repeated words of a certain ubiquitous seminary president, "I shouldn't allow myself to be dragged into this, but . . ." after watching last night's game, I'm feeling pretty confident that a simultaneous #1 will return by February. I'm far more concerned about Oden's wrist than about who's wearing the visitor jerseys on January 8th.

Ben said...

You thought I was talking about you? ;-)

[Sorry, about the plain-text emoticon. I'm no Chris Anderson.]

Ben said...

And by the way, re: Hoping in UCLA

Anonymous said...

Speaking of UCLA, I am going to see them play this weekend - http://www.stlouissports.org/soccer/index.php

Ben said...

Carolina isn't far behind:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sioncampus/11/30/allsports.rankings/

Chris Anderson said...

Ben: "And by the way, re: Hoping in UCLA"

Oops.

What a colossal choke! Unbelievable! :-)

Ben said...

Yeah, I'm going to withdraw my application for prophet status.