Monday, April 25, 2005

I Am Resting

Another song fitly sung in due season: the second verse of "Jesus, I Am Resting."

O, how great Thy loving kindness,
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O, how marvelous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved,
Know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise,
And have made it mine.

Jesus, I am resting, resting,
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.

(Apologies to those who take accurate note of the biblical pattern of prayer to the Father in the name of Jesus.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paleoevangelical

This comment is off-topic, but relevant to your Blog overall.

Why 'paleoevangelical'?

'Old' evangelical? Evangelical on the 'paleo; diet?

I couldn't see a profile that might answer my question. (But sometimes I can't see for looking).

Curious.

SteveL
Australia

Ben said...

SteveL,

I have honest intentions to create an "About Paleoevangelical" post. It has more to do with "old evangelical" than "dieting evangelical," to be sure. Not old in the age sense but in "the way evangelicals used to be" sense.

Interesting stuff out there on paleolithic dieting, I discovered thanks to you. Something about 3/4 pound of beef for lunch and 1.5 pounds of salmon for dinner has a ring to it in my mind.