Wednesday, September 06, 2006

If Anybody Knows John Tors in Toronto, Ontario . . .

. . . please pass on my kudos for this letter to the editor responding to World Magazine articles on mainline denominations and homosexuality:
Long before the North American Anglican/Episcopal churches began choosing homosexuals as bishops they were choosing outright heretics as bishops. These people denied the very fundamentals of the faith, such as the deity of Christ and the physical resurrection, and thereby put themselves beyond the pale of Christianity. Yet very few of the theological conservatives complained or threatened to split away over this. Their objections now to the very important but secondary issue of homosexuality ring hollow indeed.
I think I've said this kind of thing before, but I've certainly never said it quite this well.

Phil Johnson posted on related issues a couple days ago. To make a long story short, some evangelicals (and I use that term as loosely as possible) think that the homosexuality controversy will spur the closeted (pun intended) conservatives in mainline denominations to rise up and retake their denominations.

Yeah, right. They wouldn't fight for the inspiration and authority of Scripture generations ago, but now that sodomy issues make their fur bristle, they'll contend for the faith.

Forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous, Ben. Why the sarcasm?

Anonymous said...

John Tor's new website is www.truthinmydays.com