Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Bombshell Quote for the Guessing Game

I've been sitting on this one for a while. Michael C. (a reader) made a special request for a quote game, and this was all I had handy. Blame him if you don't like it. And remember, googling the quote is not acceptable. Severe Paleoevangelical retribution will result. This quote has two speakers, and you have to get them both to receive any credit. My guess is that this one is way too easy. Here goes:
Person 1: I think that everybody that loves or knows Christ, whether they are conscious of it or not, they are members of the body of Christ. And I don't think that we are going to see a great sweeping revival that will turn the whole world to Christ at any time. I think James answered that—the Apostle James in the first Council in Jerusalem—when he said that God's purpose for this age is to call out a people for his name. And that is what he is doing today. He is calling people out of the world for his name, whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ because they have been called by God. They may not know the name of Jesus but they know in their hearts that they need something they do not have, and they turn to the only light they have, and I think that they are saved and they are going to be with us in heaven.

Person 2: What, what I hear you saying, that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into human hearts and soul and life, even if they have been born in darkeness and have never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you are saying?

1: Yes, it is.

2: I'm so thrilled to hear you say this: "There's a wideness in God's mercy."

1: There is. There definitely is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1 Billy Graham
#2 Robert Schuller (Mr Crystal Cathedral)

Saw the tape with Hartog III

Ben said...

I feared it was too easy, but Unk is just plain in the zone. He is not human, folks.

Anonymous said...

Rats, I've let it show. I'll have to return to Fundamentarlia.

Anonymous said...

Even I knew that one, Ben. Way too easy.

Greg (yes, that Greg)

Anonymous said...

And yes, I'm serious.

I tend to remember really cheesy things, and Schuller is as cheesy as it gets.