Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Don't Usually Push the Book Sales, But . . .

. . . this one's just really, really good.

Just bought some Starr Meade stuff for family use. The Trellis and the Vine is the most practical book I've read in the past year. (Probably the one book I'd encourage pastors to move to the top of their reading list.) We're using Growth Groups right now to strengthen and encourage our small group leadership. Our staff has been greatly edified in understanding the relationship between prayer and the gospel as we've been working through A Praying Life.

And I don't know who this Don Carson guy is, but, shoooweeeee, he seems kinda smart.

In other words, these are some great deals on some good stuff.

2 comments:

Todd Wood said...

It is a good book. Highly recommend it.

AJ said...

Just bought the Meade set today. Love the Praying Life--one of the more helpful and personally edifying books I've read in years.